Thursday, August 18, 2005

TODAY'S TIP: Don't touch girls who aren't your girlfriend!

A handshake, a hug, a kiss on the cheek, a pat on the pack...these are all familiar forms of physical interaction that we share on a daily basis, whether we are lovers, business partners, friends or sometimes even enemies.

However, you should know where to draw the line between general friendly physical interaction and a touch that has a sexual overtone. This may sound "crazy" as boys like to often call girls, and vice versa, but it's something to keep in mind.

For example: I have a very attractive male friend who loves to touch me a lot in front of his ex-girlfriend. He will try to give me a big bearhug, or touch or rub my shoulder with a salad of subtext, ranging from a straight out, "I'd fuck you" to "My ex hates it when I do this." I know what his game is, whether he does or not, and when he tries to affectionately manhandle me in front of his ex, I say very frankly, "Don't touch me."

This has happened twice and I don't think it will happen again.

I don't want to be responsible for aloofly interacting with his insecurity or for hurting my friend's feelings, as I know it must. Even if I didn't think it hurt my friend's feelings, I know that human beings are full of shit 90% of the time, and when they act as if they are doing one thing, they are actually doing something else.

In closing, don't touch women sensually who are not your girlfriends, either in front of them or behind their backs, unless you agree it is something you can both do, and your relationship has an open "touch" policy.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know that human beings are full of shit 90% of the time

Yes you are so right. You are human right?

4:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home