Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Don't Play Childish Games

There's some lame line in the dumb ass bible that basically says, "When I was a child, I did childish things, and when I became an adult, I put childish things aside." I don't even know the exact line, nor do I care, because I think the bible is mostly a lot of boring begats this and thou thats. But what appeals to me about this specific example is the sentiment that lies within.

In case you are daft, what it means is that adults behave like adults. Children behave like children.

Games are for kids.

You know when you are playing a game. It's when your inner voice is speaking in a whiney tone. "Well, if she won't blerpitty bleep, then I won't werpitty weep." Chances are, if she won't blerpitty bleep, and there's not a good reason why she won't, she's playing a game herself. But if you respond by werpitty weeping, you sir, are playing it, too.

I am so sick and tired of being involved in relationships where I have to constantly be on guard. I want to let my guard down. I like to be who I really am. And who doesn't? Games prevent people from being real. Games are fancy dresses for people who are too insecure to wear regular, sensible pants.

If you find yourself unable to NOT do the back and forth tit for tat routine, that means one or both of you are unable to honestly communicate.

At a certain point in a relationship, if you plan to progress, the two of you will have to look each other in the eyes and say what you mean and mean what you say. And the outcome will be peace and cozy warmth that comes from being in the closest thing that we as humans can muster to true love.

If you don't plan to progress, then at least play a fun game together, like Candy Land or - here's a good one - Get Out Of My House, You're Wasting My Time.

Til next time, remember - if George Bush was in love, there wouldn't be a war.

24 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

give Bush a blowjob for christmas.

that'll sort the Iraq war.

utter, utter balls.

3:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always thought that, stronger UN legislation aside, the only chance we had of avoiding a war in Iraq was for Saddam to make an open offer to orally pleasure Laura Bush.

I think this blog might just be a piss-take and Jessica Delfino is a fictional character.

Or a very real cunt.

7:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sadly, she is a very real cunt!

I see that, yet again, Popbitch has arrived. :)

Say, Jen, how do you manage to come up this stuff? So you're a bible hater too, are you?? Think you're better than GOD, do you??? Only Oprah Winfrey gets away with that you bitch!

If you reject the bible then you are teh anti-christ!!11!!1

JENNIFER IS SATAN!

YOU'RE ALL GOING TO BURN IN HELL FOR YOU BLOG SINS!!!!!11!!!!1

Say hello to Satan (I call him George, personally) for me you CUNT!

1:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

An anagram of "You Can Be A Better Boyfriend" is "Jen Is A Cunt".

1:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dating for autists.

3:23 PM  
Blogger infinitium said...

LOL... nice site. I'm listening ;)

J

7:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

how to be a better member of the UN security council.. red roses and wine?

2:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think George Bush Junior must be in love...
Love is never having to say your sorry (that you invaded)
Love is never asking someone (Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, Kuwait) to initiate democracratic change,
Love is always being able to find forgiveness in your heart (for shoddy intelligence) and therefore never having to blame anyone

2:10 AM  
Blogger pepper-bomb said...

hi there Jess
hope you dont mind me callin' you that. pls dun let these nasty comments hurt ur pride,it doesnt matter whether u hate the bible or not. i respect that. do continue to write ur thoughts and tips,some people just dont see things like you. it's normal to vent anger over the net. some did it to be idiots..come on guys,if you dont like reading it than dont. why read and hurl uncalled words?

u may be having a rough time in relationship now,i understand. things didnt went smoothly for me.

take care jess,and write on! =D

Bats

10:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice work with your tips!
well well,balless ppl making bold nasty comments! afraid to show their names....forget them jessica...this is ur blog,you have the say...
nice work indeed!
i love the sense of humor

10:22 AM  
Blogger Jessica Delfino said...

You anonymous commenters are psychotic! You're worse than the Opie and Anthony fans! I thought that Europeans were supposed to be smarter than Americans! Also, I think that you are one person.

11:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are not europeans, my dear. We are the English.

4:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A pedant writes...

For the attention of 'bats'.

If you want people to take you seriously (or, for that matter, if you'd simply like people to not think of you as an illiterate 12 year old) do try to substitute 'u' with 'you' and 'ur' with 'you're'.

If you are a woman, worry not - men will still sleep with you irrespective of your literacy levels.

If you are a man, beware. You will never darken the womb of a female who earns a five figure paycheck.

Olaf

4:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just want to know how bad a comment had to be that it warranted deletion by the "blog administrator/cunt"... it'th a mythtery!

12:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey you ^

It probably said she was UGLY - which is the sad truth...

Hey Jen, funnily enough, we are not one person. We are PopBitch.

So FUCK OFF YOU TEDIOUS CUNT!

8:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, we all subscribe to the same British music industry/ celebrity gossip message board, and we are LEGION! Fear us! So fuck off.... from your own blog!! I make a lot of sense!! I'm a retarded clam and I taste of limes!!

12:21 PM  
Blogger Jessica Delfino said...

Hey anonymous, does your mother wash your mouth out with soap the same way she washes your socks and underwear? Also, I don't give a shit what you people are - English, European or whatever - you are very bored where ever you are from to be hanging around my measly little blog! Not to mention, you people are anonymous cowards! Wimps! Spineless word thugs!

10:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Waaah! I'm a manipulative bitch who can't get a date on my terms! Waaah!"

1:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

English. Not european.

Why is it that ALL Americans have to resort to national stereotyping?

9:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey ENGLISH Anonymous,
why don't you go and spectacularly fuck yersel'...even better if you keep your head up yer arse.
aye

3:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And the national stereotyping thing apart...

... how come ALL Americans are so dumb?

5:48 AM  
Blogger Easy E said...

Ouch, those anons are dicks.

I agree with your post :) I found you from Lizzie's blog. I'd like to find girls that don't play games though! I'm a magnet for them.

10:06 PM  
Blogger miosio said...

I saw you on Keith and the girl and when you mentioned your blog I had to pause it and look this up, it's amazing and I loved you on the show.
Thanks!

9:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home